About Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
Eyecare Plus has experienced optometrists who will take the time needed to give you a really thorough eye examination. It’s called Checkup Plus™.
Your Checkup Plus™ examination with the optometrist will take 30 to 45 minutes. During your examination, a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
A Checkup Plus™ examination includes testing for the following:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clearness of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Colour vision
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Macular degeneration
- Suitability for refractive laser surgery and other areas as appropriate for each individual.
Following the Checkup Plus™ examination, the optometrist will carefully explain the results and discuss their recommendations regarding any preventive or remedial care required.
During Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
Your Checkup Plus™ eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.