Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrists Cranbourne
Melbourne optometrist Eyecare Plus Cranbourne focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care...
Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrist Cranbourne
Melbourne optometrist Eyecare Plus Cranbourne focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the whole family.
David and Carol West have been practising in Cranbourne for 36 years. Rebecca and Judith are the other optometrists, with dispensing services provided by Liz and Cheyne.
Frame selection and reception duties are ably and happily performed by Tina, Marlene, Carol and Rie-Anna.
We supply spectacles and appliances to Veterans and War Widows and our SOS scheme makes good quality frames and lenses available at very reasonable prices to those on Pension or Health Care Cards.
We are conveniently located at 11 Lamb Street, behind the Centro Cranbourne Shopping Centre.
We have ample free car parking at the rear of our practice and a wheelchair ramp for disabled access.
All optometric services are available, including:
- Comprehensive examination of ocular health
- Visual fields assessment
- Colour vision assessment
- Digital Retinal Imaging
- Diabetic exams
- Glaucoma testing
- Children's vision
- CASA testing
- Prescription spectacles and sunglasses
- Contact lenses
- Visual perceptual testing
We proudly supply members of all major health funds, including:
Eat Your Greens!
Carrots are not as good as greens when it comes to your eyes. Studies show that people who eat their green veggies have healthier eyes.
Leafy dark greens like spinach or broccoli are best. The other power food for your eyes is fresh fish.
Call in to pick up your free brochures on nutrition and supplements, produced by the Macular Degeneration Foundation.
Makeup & Healthy Eyes
- Always wash hands prior to applying makeup or inserting your contact lenses.
- If you wear contact lenses, insert them first, then apply your makeup.
- Do not share makeup, and use only products formulated especially for the eye area.
- Clean all makeup applicators and brushes regularly.
- Sharpen kohl pencils every few days, wiping the tip regularly to remove surface bugs and bacteria.
- Replace mascara every 3 months, and all others products every 6 months.
- Dispose of any products/contact lenses that have come into contact with an infected eye.
- Do not wear your contact lenses if you have an eye infection.
- Contact lens wearers should not wear waterproof mascara, as it is impossible to remove from the lens surface.
- Never use saliva to remove any clumped makeup, wet a brush or applicator, or wet a contact lens.
Recent Trip to Laos
Our chief optometrist David West recently traveled to Laos with the GlobalHandCharity.
David and his team saw 800 people in about a week, and provided spectacles and sunglasses. The Laotians were gracious and very grateful.
Thanks to over $600 in donations from our local patients, the small village of Hoi Kor - only reachable by boat - will now boast a roof over their water tank, and new pipes to carry the water. This means better hygiene and clean drinking water for the villagers.
Fundraising for Eye Charity
We have been acknowledged by Optometry Giving Sight as Bronze award level fundraisers, thanks to our efforts during the 2013 World Sight Day Challenge.
The money raised will be used to support sustainable eye care projects in under-served communities around the world, helping people who are needlessly blind and in urgent need of eye care.
Optometry Giving Sight is committed to supporting programs that focus on training local eye care professionals so that in time, people in need will have access to sustainable eye care from within their own community.
For more information about Optometry Giving Sight, visit www.givingsight.org
Please use the following contact details to get in touch, or fill in the form below to send us an email.
Eyecare Plus Cranbourne
|Phone:||(03) 5996 3693|
|Fax:||(03) 5996 8241|
|Address:|| 11 Lamb Street
Cranbourne (Melbourne) VIC 3977
|Our Google+ Page|
Request an Appointment
If you require an appointment within the next 48 hours, please call us on (03) 5996 3693 during normal business hours.
Reorder Contact Lenses
Existing contact lens patients of Eyecare Plus Cranbourne can reorder their contact lenses simply by submitting the below form.
If you have any questions about a new or existing order, please contact us directly on (03) 5996 3693.
Should your prescription be older than 12 months, please click here to make an appointment.