Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrists Burwood
Sydney optometrist Eyecare Plus Burwood focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the....
Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrist Burwood
Sydney optometrist Eyecare Plus Burwood focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the whole family.
The Practice was established over 50 years ago as "Optical House" and for the past twenty eight years as Donovan and Moore Optometrists. Currently the consulting optometrist is Peter Moore. Optical Dispensers are Gai Beswick and Valentina Roman.
Peter graduated from UNSW in 1976 and gained a Master of Optometry in 2004. He has been at Burwood for 28 years.
He has previously held various optometric positions including President of the Optometrists Association (NSW Division), Deputy Chairman Optometrists Registration Board and Chairperson of the Optometry Care Assessment Committee, past Panel member of the Professional Review Committee, past Panel member of the NSW Health Care Complaints Unit, Member of Optometry Australia, Cornea and Contact Lens Society and Orthokeratology Society of Oceania.
He is also a past President of the Rotary Club of Burwood.
Macular Degeneration (MD) is a disease that destroys the central vision that we use for everyday tasks such as reading and driving. It is the leading cause of blindness and severe vision loss in Australia. For patients older than 50 years, one in seven will have some sign of it. While there is presently no cure for MD if it is detected early enough we can slow its progression.
Glaucoma is an eye disease which slowly destroys the optic nerve at the back of the eye. In some cases in may move rapidly. It is usually caused by increased pressure inside the eye though it may be caused by poor blood supply or a weakness of the optic nerve. Over 300,000 Australians have glaucoma. It is more common as we age but it can occur at any age.
A cataract is a clouding or haze of the lens inside the eye which leads to a decrease in vision. Opacities in the lens obstruct light from passing through and being focused on to the retina.
Dry eye syndrome is a lack of sufficient lubrication and moisture in the eye leaving the cornea (the main lens of the eye) with an inadequate tear film. This occurs when the eye doesn't produce enough tears, or the tears have a chemical composition that causes them to evaporate too quickly.
- Amblyopia, or Lazy Eye, is a reduced vision, generally in only one eye. Read more
- Astigmatism is an out-of-roundness of one or more surfaces in the eye's optical system. Read more
- Diabetic Retinopathy is damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes mellitus, and can often lead to blindness. Read more
- Eye Muscle Inco-ordinations, or Phorias, occur when the eyes do not align or focus together as a team. Read more
- Hyperopia, or Long-sightedness, causes a person to see clearer at far than at near. Read more
- Colour blindness is almost always inherited, although it can be acquired condition as a result of some diseases or injuries. Read more
- Myopia, or Short-sightedness, is a condition in which near objects are seen more clearly than objects which are far away. Read more
- Presbyopia is a gradual loss in the focussing ability (accommodation) of the eye and is part of the normal vision changes we all experience as we age. Read more
- Spots and floaters are semi-transparent specks of natural materials inside the eye, which sometimes can be seen floating in the field of vision. Read more
- Laser Refractive surgery describes a group of procedures where surgery is used to correct the focus of vision rather than spectacles or contact lenses. Read more
DESIGNER EYEWEAR EVERYDAY UNIQUE FROM $249
Frame and Lenses + FREE Second Pair
Designer brands include Lacoste, Calvin Klein, Nike, Nautica, Nine West and Bebe.
RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY PAIR OF GLASSES
WITH YOUR INITIAL PURCHASE*
*Conditions apply. Available only at Eyecare Plus Burwood. Initial purchase must include both frames and lenses. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2nd pair SV hard coated lenses with same prescription into a select range of frames. Ask in practice for details.
OUR PRICE MATCH PROMISE
Terms & Conditions
- The product being compared must be the same in all respects and in stock at a competitor retail outlet in Australia.
- It must be a current advertised price and readily viewable by Eyecare Plus. Eyecare Plus will not match any prices sourced online.
- A written quote, receipt, invoice, advertising or any other official document from the competitor showing the cheaper price is required.
- All sale, stock liquidations and clearance items are excluded from the price match promise.
Please use the following contact details to get in touch, or fill in the form below to send us an email.
Eyecare Plus Burwood
|Phone:||(02) 9744 2733|
|Fax:||(02) 9744 2661|
|Address:|| 134C Burwood Road
Burwood (Sydney) NSW 2134
|Find Us on Facebook|
Request an Appointment
If you require an appointment within the next 48 hours, please call us on (02) 9744 2733 during normal business hours.
Reorder Contact Lenses
Existing contact lens patients of Eyecare Plus Burwood can reorder their contact lenses simply by submitting the below form.
If you have any questions about a new or existing order, please contact us directly on (02) 9744 2733.
Should your prescription be older than 12 months, please click here to make an appointment.