Disclaimer – Not Personal Advice
The screens and videos on this website contain general information and do not constitute personal health or product advice. The content of the screens and videos does not take into account your personal eye health, prescription, medications, needs or other individual factors and you must determine whether it is appropriate to your own situation. We recommend that you obtain individual personalized information from your optometrist or doctor before making any eyecare decision.
The screens and videos available on this website may contain copyright material of Eyecare Plus Limited or third parties.
Collection of Data
While on our website you may be asked to provide personal information via a form – such as an appointment request or contact submission. The reasons we ask you provide this data are set out below under Use of Data.
Additionally, Eyecare Plus may automatically receive general information that is contained in server log files, such as your IP address, and cookie information. Information about how advertising may be served on this site is set forth below, under Cookies and Advertising.
Use of Data
Eyecare Plus will use data obtained from this website to:
- Respond to enquiries, requests and complaints
- Provide products and services to our patients
- Customise and improve your user experience on this site
- Send direct-marketing material (but only if you opt in to our email newsletter)
- Match your job seeker information with available positions (see Jobseeker Information below)
Sharing Data with 3rd Parties
Your data will never be shared with a 3rd party – either based in Australia or internationally – unless:
- Your consent is obtained, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out for the sharing of data;
- A service provided on our site requires interaction with a third party, or is provided by a third party, such as an application service provider;
- Pursuant to legal action or law enforcement;
- It is found that your use of this site violates the site editor’s policy, terms of service, or other usage guidelines, or if it is deemed reasonably necessary by the site editor to protect the site editor’s legal rights and/or property; or
- This site is purchased by a third party, in which case that third party will be able to use the data in the same manner as set forth in this policy. In the event you choose to use links displayed on this web site to visit other web sites, you are advised to read the privacy policies published on those sites.
Data Security and De-Identification
Eyecare Plus take your data security very seriously and all electronic data captured on our website is stored on firewall protected servers, which are physically housed in a secure data centre. We have also taken numerous steps to monitor and defeat any unauthorised access.
After a period of no more than 24 months (2 years) – or earlier if specifically requested by you – any personally identifiable data which we no longer have a use for is automatically de-identified. This http://onhealthy.net/ means that while we retain a record of your interaction with us, the specifics – including your name and contact details – are permanently removed from our website databases. Please note that this applies only to data obtained via the website. Any data provided to specific practice locations may be retained for a greater period of time.
Cookies and Advertising
If you register your information (including CVs and Resumes) with us we will hold it for a period not longer than 90 days unless otherwise advised by you and will endeavour to restrict access to this information to only Eyecare Plus employees, Members and their affiliates. The information provided by you will only be used in legitimate job placement activities and will not be on sold to a third party.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Eyecare Plus Ltd.
- our insurers
- our contractors and suppliers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not supply us with all of the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Remember, you can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong. Subject to some exceptions laid out in the Australian Privacy Act, you have a right to see and to have a copy of any sensitive or personal information which we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right to access to your information, please contact our National Office on (02) 9315 2900.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access or correct any information we hold about you, please contact us via the details listed at the bottom of this document.
So we can provide access in a timely manner, please make sure to include your name and contact information (to help us verify your identity) as part of your request. A nominal administration fee may apply in some circumstances.
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. The date this document was last updated can be found at the very bottom of this page.
If you have any questions, complaints or enquiries about this policy or about this web site, please contact us.
Eyecare Plus Ltd
5.01/77 Dunning Avenue
Rosebery NSW 2018
Phone: (02) 9315 2900
This document last updated 30th Nov 2016.