Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrists Wollongong
Local optometrist Eyecare Plus Wollongong focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for....
Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrist Wollongong
Local optometrist Eyecare Plus Wollongong focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the whole family.
Rod Swindle established Rod Optical practices in Wollongong (estab. 1981), Corrimal and Warilla. Phung Truong practiced at all three locations for a number of years. In 2005 she purchased and relocated the Wollongong practice, establishing it as Hue Optix - Eyecare Plus Wollongong.
In November 2005, the practice opened at its new location at 232 Crown Street, right in the city centre. It is located just opposite the Wollongong Medical Centre / Commonwealth Bank, nearby the Crown Street Mall.
We proudly supply members of all major health funds, including:
- Medibank Private
- Teachers Health
Our Mission Statement
- Advanced and reliable technology systems for accurate eye testing.
- A wide range of quality eyecare products including fashion frames, new high tech lenses, advanced contact lenses and handy eyecare accessories.
- Affordable options for all budgets from premium designer to reliable budget ranges.
- A friendly and enjoyable eyecare experience.
- Great Service
- Understanding Our Patients' Needs
- Knowledge of the Best Eyecare Options & Applying the Knowledge
- Follow up to Ensure Our Patients are Happy with their Eyecare Products / treatment
Eye diseases are relatively rare, although they become more common as we get older. All eye diseases should be regarded as serious - even diseases that appear mild have the potential to cause serious damage if not treated appropriately. Many serious eye diseases do not have dramatic symptoms. Some people with serious eye diseases don't realise there is a problem until they've suffered irreversible damage.
Everyone should have a checkup from an optometrist or ophthalmologist every two years. Your optometrist may recommend more frequent checks if you're at higher risk.
- Age-related macular degeneration
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is damage to the macula. The macula is the part of the retina responsible for sharp central vision.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
For those with diabetes changes may occur and damage the retina at the back of the eye. The risk of developing retinopathy increases with the length of time you have had diabetes.
Cataracts are cloudy areas that form in the clear lens inside the eye. This cloudiness results in poor vision in the same way that a dirty window scatters light.
Glaucoma is a condition in which the nerve cells which transmit information from the eye to the brain become damaged and prevents visual information from getting from the retina in the eye to the brain.
A pterygium (pronounced ter-idge-ee-um) is a triangular-shaped lump of tissue with blood vessels that grows from the conjunctiva on to the cornea.
For more information please either contact us or make an appointment here.
VALUE OFFERS AVAILABLE
- $199 for 2 pairs of single vision in selected ranges, prescriptions do not have to be the same
- Select a designer package and receive a free single vision $149 package, prescriptions do not have to be the same, participating brands only.
- Free Ultraclear coating on selected ranges including Salvatore Ferragamo, Burberry, Prada and Carla Zampatti.
- $269 for Designer sunglass packages from selected ranges including ck Calvin Klein, Nine West, Bebe, Lacoste, Dragon, Anne Klein, Nike, Nautica
- 15% off up to $50 for Students and Pensioners, 30% off up to $100 for 2nd pair purchases.
RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY PAIR OF GLASSES
WITH YOUR INITIAL PURCHASE*
*Conditions apply. Available only at Eyecare Plus Wollongong. Initial purchase must include both frames and lenses. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2nd pair SV hard coated lenses with same prescription into a select range of frames. Ask in practice for details.
OUR PRICE MATCH PROMISE
Terms & Conditions
- The product being compared must be the same in all respects and in stock at a competitor retail outlet in Australia.
- It must be a current advertised price and readily viewable by Eyecare Plus. Eyecare Plus will not match any prices sourced online.
- A written quote, receipt, invoice, advertising or any other official document from the competitor showing the cheaper price is required.
- All sale, stock liquidations and clearance items are excluded from the price match promise.
Please use the following contact details to get in touch, or fill in the form below to send us an email.
Eyecare Plus Wollongong
|Phone:||(02) 4227 2557|
|Fax:||(02) 4227 2149|
|Address:|| 2 / 232 Crown Street
Wollongong NSW 2500
|Find Us on Facebook|
Request an Appointment
If you require an appointment within the next 48 hours, please call us on (02) 4227 2557 during normal business hours.
Reorder Contact Lenses
Existing contact lens patients of Eyecare Plus Wollongong can reorder their contact lenses simply by submitting the below form.
If you have any questions about a new or existing order, please contact us directly on (02) 4227 2557.
Should your prescription be older than 12 months, please click here to make an appointment.