Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrists Armidale
Local optometrist Eyecare Plus Armidale focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the....
Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrist Armidale
Local optometrist Eyecare Plus Armidale focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the whole family.
We are conveniently located on the corner of Markham & Kirkwood Streets, Armidale. Parking is available directly outside our practice. Wheelchair access is available from Kirkwood Street entrance.
Mr Delmar Parker (B Optom UNSW) provides a high quality personalised eye care service for all ages.
The practice operates out of a charming and historic blue brick cottage originally built in 1870. Mr Parker has lovingly restored the building keeping many of the original features in an effort to provide a warm, friendly ambience and a location which highlights Armidale's unique history.
Mr Parker utilises the latest technology to test for macular degeneration, glaucoma and monitors diabetes and cataracts. He also provides behavioral testing for school aged children.
The practice boasts easy parking, wheelchair access and friendly staff to make your visit enjoyable.
We stock a large range of spectacle and sunglasses frames. Let our friendly staff help you choose the perfect frame for you. We cover all price ranges and will taylor spectacles to suit your needs.
We offer the latest in lens technology including multifocals, ultra thin light lens and saftey lens as well as a vast range of contact lenses. Ask us about which lens will suit your needs.
Eyecare Plus Optometrists offer a wide range of fashion eyewear, all at great prices. This includes designer brand names in both the sunglasses and spectacles categories.
Whether you need new prescription sunglasses or simply an update to your glasses frames, our expert staff will help you find a frame to suit your face shape.
For more information on face shape and the types of spectacle and sunglasses frames which tend to look good, please see this page of our website.
Thinking about trying contact lenses? Come in and talk to one of our expert optometrists for unbeatable advice on the types of contacts best suited to you.
Click here to make an appointment for an expert contact lens consultation.
All eligible consultations are bulk billed to Medicare for your convenience.
Please bring in your Medicare Card at the time of your consultation as we are continuing to bulk bill what we can after the Federal Government's reduction in rebates to optometry in January 2015. There will be an extra charge of a non rebatable service fee of $15.00 per visit payable by the patient. This enables us to continue with our ability to carry out full comprehensive testing without reducing patient care by reducing time spent with you at each consultation.
At Eyecare Plus Armidale we offer some of the most up to date technology to monitor the health of your eyes.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging test that uses light waves to take a cross section view of your retina, the light sensitive tissue at the back of the eye.
With OCT each of the retina's distinctive layers can be seen, allowing our optometrist to map and measure their thickness. These measurements help to with early detection, diagnosis and treatment guidance for retinal disease and conditions including age-related macular degeneration and diabetic eye disease.
- Digital Retinal Imaging or DRI is the process of using a specialized digital camera to take high resolution images of the retina, blood vessels and optic nerve at the back of the eyes. These images are important as both the retina and the optic nerve connect your eyes to your brain.
By analysing the high resolution images, our optometrists can detect symptoms of eye diseases including Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration which are the leading causes of blindness in Australia. As well as eye diseases DRI can also detect other possible health issues including diabetes and high blood pressure.
A DRI scan is a simple, painless process which only takes a few minutes. The DRI camera allows us to store the digital image for future comparison.
- Computerised visual field testing
Visual field testing checks if your vision has been affected by Glaucoma. We have equipment to test your visual fields, also known as your side vision, to confirm that everything is in the normal range.
- Eye pressure testing
At Eyecare Plus Armidale we have equipment which checks the inner pressure of the eye to test for Glaucoma. Methods to check for Glaucoma are very important as often Glaucoma has no symptoms. Testing is especially important if there is a family history of Glaucoma.
- Amblyopia, or Lazy Eye, is a reduced vision, generally in only one eye. Read more
- Astigmatism is an out-of-roundness of one or more surfaces in the eye's optical system. Read more
- A cataract is an opacity or clouding of the lens inside the eye, then distorting the light as it enters. Read more
- Diabetic Retinopathy is damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes mellitus, and can often lead to blindness. Read more
- Eye Muscle Inco-ordinations, or Phorias, occur when the eyes do not align or focus together as a team. Read more
- Glaucoma is a disease where the pressure within the eye is typically increased (although not always). Read more
- Hyperopia, or Long-sightedness, causes a person to see clearer at far than at near. Read more
- Macular Degeneration (MD) is a disease associated with aging that gradually destroys central vision. Read more
- Colour blindness is almost always inherited, although it can be an acquired condition as a result of some diseases or injuries. Read more
- Myopia, or Short-sightedness, is a condition in which near objects are seen more clearly than objects which are far away. Read more
- Presbyopia is a gradual loss in the focusing ability (accommodation) of the eye and is part of the normal vision changes we all experience as we age. Read more
- Spots and floaters are semi-transparent specks of natural materials inside the eye, which sometimes can be seen floating in the field of vision. Read more
- Laser Refractive Surgery describes a group of procedures where surgery is used to correct the focus of vision rather than spectacles or contact lenses. Read more
For more information on these and other problems of the eye, please make an appointment or call us at Eyecare Plus Armidale on (02) 6772 5977 any time during business hours.
Please use the following contact details to get in touch, or fill in the form below to send us an email.
Eyecare Plus Armidale
|Phone:||(02) 6772 5977|
|Fax:||(02) 6771 4989|
|Address:|| Cnr Markham & Kirkwood Streets
Armidale NSW 2350
Request an Appointment
If you require an appointment within the next 48 hours, please call us on (02) 6772 5977 during normal business hours.