Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrists Jesmond
Newcastle optometrist Eyecare Plus Jesmond focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for....
Welcome to Eyecare Plus Optometrist Jesmond
Newcastle optometrist Eyecare Plus Jesmond focus on comprehensive eye examinations, prescription sunglasses, spectacle frames, contact lenses and eye health care for the whole family.
Gabriel Ma Optometrist has been practising optometry in Stockland Jesmond for over 17 years.
We provide comprehensive eye examinations including automated fields, glaucoma assessment and behavioural children's evaluation. We also prescribe and dispense contact lenses (including coloured and multifocal).
As a locally owned practice, we aim to provide quality personalised service by our qualified optical dispensers and a great range of frames for your selection and quality lenses from reputable lens laboratories.
Stockland Jesmond offers plenty of convenient parking and we are wheelchair accessible.
We proudly supply members of all major health funds, including:
Ask about our price match guarantee.
RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY PAIR OF GLASSES
WITH YOUR INITIAL PURCHASE*
*Conditions apply. Available only at Eyecare Plus Jesmond. Initial purchase must include both frames and lenses. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2nd pair SV hard coated lenses with same prescription into a select range of frames. Ask in practice for details.
OUR PRICE MATCH PROMISE
Terms & Conditions
- The product being compared must be the same in all respects and in stock at a competitor retail outlet in Australia.
- It must be a current advertised price and readily viewable by Eyecare Plus. Eyecare Plus will not match any prices sourced online.
- A written quote, receipt, invoice, advertising or any other official document from the competitor showing the cheaper price is required.
- All sale, stock liquidations and clearance items are excluded from the price match promise.
- Amblyopia, or Lazy Eye, is a reduced vision, generally in only one eye. Read more
- Astigmatism is an out-of-roundness of one or more surfaces in the eye's optical system. Read more
- A cataract is an opacity or clouding of the lens inside the eye, then distorting the light as it enters. Read more
- Diabetic Retinopathy is damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes mellitus, and can often lead to blindness. Read more
- Eye Muscle Inco-ordinations, or Phorias, occur when the eyes do not align or focus together as a team. Read more
- Glaucoma is a disease where the pressure within the eye is typically increased (although not always). Read more
- Hyperopia, or Long-sightedness, causes a person to see clearer at far than at near. Read more
- Macular Degeneration (MD) is a disease associated with aging that gradually destroys central vision. Read more
- Colour blindness is almost always inherited, although it can be an acquired condition as a result of some diseases or injuries. Read more
- Myopia, or Short-sightedness, is a condition in which near objects are seen more clearly than objects which are far away. Read more
- Presbyopia is a gradual loss in the focusing ability (accommodation) of the eye and is part of the normal vision changes we all experience as we age. Read more
- Spots and floaters are semi-transparent specks of natural materials inside the eye, which sometimes can be seen floating in the field of vision. Read more
- Laser Refractive Surgery describes a group of procedures where surgery is used to correct the focus of vision rather than spectacles or contact lenses. Read more
For more information on these and other problems of the eye, please make an appointment or call us at Eyecare Plus Jesmond on (02) 4951 7566 any time during business hours.
Seeing us for the first time?
- Teacher's Observations
- Children's Vision Problems
- Children's Vision Checklist
- Vision Advice for Children
- Visual Hygiene for Children
- Vision Related Learning Problems
- Dot Maps for Visual Perception Therapy (4 forms)
Common Questions Answered
- How Regular is 'Regular Eyecare'?
- Blue Light and Your Eyes
- Digital Eye Strain? The solution is Eyezen
- Digital Strain Explained
- Computers & Your Eyes
- Polarised Lenses
- Anti-Reflection Coatings
- Lid Expression - A "How To" Guide
- Contact Lenses - Assess Your Suitability
- Contact Lenses - Types
- Soft Contact Lens Insertion & Removal
- Contact Lenses - Advice for Wearers
- Contact Lenses - Normal & Abnormal Symptoms
Common Eye Diseases
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
- Dry Eye Condition
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Ultra-Violet Eye Protection
Common Vision Problems
- Adobe Acrobat (Required to open PDF files)
Please use the following contact details to get in touch, or fill in the form below to send us an email.
Eyecare Plus Jesmond
|Phone:||(02) 4951 7566|
|Fax:||(02) 4950 0275|
|Address:|| Shop G14
Jesmond (Newcastle) NSW 2299
|Find Us on Facebook|
Request an Appointment
If you require an appointment within the next 48 hours, please call us on (02) 4951 7566 during normal business hours.